Do You Not Know How to Set Personal Goals?
Are you confused and don’t know how to set up your personal goals? Cheer up and aim high. You must dare to dream big in this lifetime? That is the obsession of almost everyone isn’t it? However, dreaming, although an amazing feeling, achieves nothing. Your goals only become realities when put into writing. You have to strive and find yourself immersed into goal setting activities. We all love to think of good personal things but only a few of us remains focused until the end to chase that dream!
Personal Goals, What Are They About?
Personal goals are varied. Perhaps your personal goal is to become a rich man ten years from now. You can chop up this big goal into smaller personal goals that will bring you closer to being a millionaire. You can perhaps concentrate on your personal development career and get promoted as an executive of a big firm. If you are now a medical student, having the right professional goals can give you a lucrative profession later on. Both personal goals are pointing to the same bigger goal of becoming financially affluent in the future.
Here is a list of personal goals that you can choose from:
• Personal development goals - in setting your personal development goals, there are many factors that should be considered. There are factors that may affect the four areas of your life, which are your mind, body, spirit and heart. It is then very important to consider which among these areas you want to have the most changes that will benefit your life.
After you have identified your priorities, then you can start writing down your goals. Planning your personal development goals is very personal. It demands a great amount of discipline, precious time and an obsession to effect personal change. Perhaps, your personal development goal is about to be a better person every day in order to live a happy and successful life. There are some ways to achieve that goal. Some individuals will think positive, keep their focus on that goal and put all their resources to get it. Achieving your personal goals is as simple as promising yourself of something and making that promise to become a reality.
• Professional goals - you may perhaps wish to become an expert in mortgage loans. And this will further boost your income in becoming a professional consultant on this field. One major goal which you will achieve often result t o other benefits or achievement of your other goals.
• Financial goals – a majority of us is aiming for financial independence. We concentrate on our courses and how to secure a stable job is our eventual main objective in life. While we started on our goal of becoming professionals in our chosen fields, in reality the bigger goal is about our future financial securities. A lot of discipline and dedication is required to achieve financial goals. However, like other goals, financial goal setting is very easy; the difficult task is about how to have financial abundance.
• Life goals – people believe that the mind is the greatest faculty we have to achieve our goals. The law of attraction is used by some goal setter and they believe that they can achieve their goals. That’s positive thinking and it is one good motivation needed in goal setting. Since choosing life goals will affect your destiny, you should think about it very carefully. Much planning and brainstorming should be dedicated to make it more exciting and realizable. It is your own future happiness which is at stake here.
You Must Have a List of Personal Goals
Many people are confused about their personal goals. To fully understand this term let’s define what personal goals are. Personal goals are your objectives that are focused on your personal life. Your personal life involves the matter of your heart, your body, mind and soul. Your love life and family relationship require you to set up your personal goals along this line.
When it comes to your personal development, you need to consider the involvement of your mind. Your body needs to be physically fit in order to meet every day’s hectic schedules. And you need to develop your personal goals to always be in good health. The list is very long and your goals will vary according to each phase of your life. Even your spiritual well being is also very important. In some cases, personal spiritual goals can contribute unlimited motivation to a person.
Personal Goals Examples Are Important
Every person has to deal with every aspect of his life. From family relationship to religious affiliation, goal setting plays an important role. For every dream he wants to enjoy must come into fruition. Listed below are some personal goals examples so you may appreciate well how to train your eyes to personal life goals.
• Develop a schedule for my hobbies
• A bonding moment for my son
• A regular monthly outing with my wife
• Execute a 10minute walking exercise twice a week
• Drink a liter of water every morning
A Personal Goals Essay Can Be Helpful
Another technique to make your goal setting effective is writing a personal goal essay. Essay is a short and non-fiction writing that presents a subject for clarification. It is focuses on a subject for discussion. Some prefer setting their goals through personal goals essay and that makes it clearer and easy for them to analyze. These pieces of work are great sources of inspiration and motivation to other goal setters. Even those who are not inclined to indulge in goal setting are encouraged to write their own experiences about their unwritten goals. There are some writers who have confessed that goal setting has never been the same since they started writing their personal goal essay.
Do You Have Personal Goals for Work?
Since most people are working for others to make a living, most of their personal goals refer to their jobs. A goal to generate a sale of 100% above his quota is a good personal goal for work. You may think of other work related goals and all will definitely redound to your benefit. It works both ways, for you and for your boss benefits.
And what is more beautiful about goal setting is that there are steps to follow in order to achieve such wonderful purpose. The first step that is required of you is to write down your thoughts!
If you would like to read more articles, simply head to our home page at Goal Setting Tips 101.